Wednesday, March 9, 2016

The Castros Cruise Cali {Hollywood + The End}

Our last day in Cali was bittersweet. As we slowly made our way back up to L.A., we said our farewells to all the family we visited along the way. 
In the morning, the girls tearily said goodbye and see ya in the summer, and it dawned on us all how much Emma had grown, much to Niecey's dismay. ;)
We met my auntie for some frozen yogurt and a quick run-and-grab of some of the Star Wars Tsum-Tsums at the Disney store nearby. 
(Notice Chewie grinning for the camera)
 I couldn't resist taking these guys photo as we passed by the Imperial Highway.
(Are you humming the song now?!?)
My mom took us to see my grandpa in his home that day. 
Isn't he adorable? :)
I always thought it was so funny that he and John had so many likes in common. Had we lived closer to him, I'm sure they would have been inseparable on nights that boxing matches were going on and maybe even have run a few races together. It's funny, isn't it, that sometimes you can see the pieces of your life fitting together in God's bigger plan. It always comforts me. There are no coincidences. 
We find people who complete us, and fulfill us, even when we don't realize it. 
That evening, we headed to Hollywood to see the walk of fame. 

There were a few stars I was pretty excited to see. 
 And, by the way, The Monkees (or whats left of them, snif snif) are coming in concert this summer!!! Anyone wanna go?!? Because, MONKEES!!!
Emma & I will probably be the youngest concert-goers there, but hey. (Or hey, hey), I still stand by the fact that they are, and have always been, one of my very very favorites. 

And also...

When we got to the famous Chinese Theatre, they had mostly gotten all the Grammy Award tents and carpets packed away, and all that was left on the streets were the millions of tourists and some taxis. 


I forced this one on him. 
There was no way I could fit my hand into hers, or I would have. 

So, after looking at all my favorites, I'm beginning to think I was born into the wrong era?
People were swarming the newer names and prints and Katniss and Divergent and Twilight, but here I was, fangirling over the same prints as all the WWII vets. Eh, whatever. 

We stayed in a hotel by the airport that night, and got to sleep in for the first time since we arrived. 
 They drove us to the airport a little early.
Priorities. 

And then we were off in the skies, heading back home. 

The END!!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails