Friday, October 9, 2015

The Thirteenth Year

Dear Mr. Castro, 

It sounds ridiculous to say you're glad that you almost lost someone, but I really am. 
One of my favorite verses in the bible is Proverbs 23:26, which says 
My son, give me thy heart; And let thine eyes delight in my ways.
It's not a very common one, but it speaks so loudly in our life. I've always felt blessed that we've conquered obstacles. I feel stronger, wiser, and more faithful with every one of them, but most importantly, I feel that we gain sight. Leonardo DiVinci (and later on written on an Air Jordan poster in my room) once said,
 For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
And this is true. 
I walk this earth with knowledge that you don't have until you have been there.
I walk this earth knowing that you could be gone.
That you could have missed her track meets and his football games.
You wouldn't have seen his first baby tooth fall out
or her first boyfriend.
You wouldn't walk her down the aisle.
You wouldn't teach him to change the oil or buy his first car.
and my world would be crushed and broken.

I could have lost the most important person on this earth to me.

But I didn't.

So I'll walk this earth with the sight He has given me.
I cherish every second with you, even if it's when you're a butt.
I thank Him for you every.single.day.

13!
 I often feel so sorry for people that walk by you, or shake your hand and say "Nice to meet you." with a nonchalant nod.
Do they even KNOW?! They're shaking hands with the most wonderful person!! Don't they know that this man of God is the hero to this family? The rock that house is built on? Our greatest husband and daddy in the world?!? 
And all there is to say is "Nice to meet you."?!? 

But, I suppose that's our secret, and super heroes don't go around showing their capes, right?
(Besides, the paparazzi would be going crazy, and we just can't have that...)
;)

Happy Anniversary to the one I cannot live without.
I love you more than you will ever know.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails