Friday, October 10, 2014

October & the Total Lunar Eclipse!

I'm not sure why I can't get these up sooner...I blame it on the blood moon


On the 8th, a total lunar eclipse happened across the sky, and even though it was cloudy, Dobby & I watched it as it passed. 

 At first, I couldn't figure out why it was being called a "blood moon", but a few minutes later, I figured it out. 

 The kids had a late start to bed that night, so I let them sleep, taking awful, clouded, fuzzy pictures of it for them to see later on. When I saw Orion's belt all bright and shiny, I snapped that one, too, because, well, every kid can find Orion's belt, right? 
They love it.
And just look at all those colorful stars around it!! Heaven is full of rainbows, I'm tellin' ya! ;)


Goodbye, Blood Moon! See you again in April 2015!

Want to see what it looked like by real telescope pics? Go here!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails