Sunday, October 5, 2014

A Day in Orange

Disclaimer: I posted this from my app, which is a little bit sucky, Sooo....

The cowboys played Iowa State yesterday and it was a BEAUTIFUL day for it!





Throughout the game, we kept seeing monarchs fly by! Were they drawn to the huge amounts of orange + black? Who knows, but I DID know we were heading out to tag some of the migrating beauties as soon as we headed out!

We caught 8 of the little stinkers that afternoon. They are major escape artists! After this long migration, I figured they would be tired, but I was wrong. Had we caught every one we netted, we'd have doubled our tagged number! 

Evan with his first catch!




Has the migration passed through your neck of the woods yet?! 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails