Thursday, February 27, 2014

Week Two: check!

The einsteins have finished week two of training! 
It's been a bit harder now with spring sports starting up and such. Some days it's a hurried run in between here and there, but we handle it well. Once the runs become longer...we'll see. I suppose when the polar vortex decides to move on, we'll be able to run in the evenings without frostbite, so that will help. 
The number one song on their playlist: Everything is Awesome! (LEGO movie soundtrack, of course)


In other random news:
* I have successfully fed our fam on $100/week in groceries, cooking balanced, pretty healthy meals. It's been a challenge at times, but I'm getting the hang of it. The balance between what they'll eat and trying new things is always hard, but our family has a "eat or don't" policy, so if they don't like it, they'll eat a big breakfast the next day, I suppose. (We really haven't run into that quite yet)
I've also learned to buy the meat that's on sale and find a recipe for it the next week - which also plays into trying new things. I normally wouldn't buy whatever a flank steak is, but if it's on sale, I'll grab it and find a good sounding recipe for the following week. It's actually pretty nice because I'm not a good trier of new recipes, either. I'm my own Pavlov's dog. 
* A couple weeks ago, my neighbor's little yorkie was attacked by what was probably a coyote and did not survive. We've heard them running in their pack around the back property, but they never seemed to come so close. Now I'm even more afraid for the little deaf, blind puggy of ours. I have to send him out before it gets dark, that poor little sitting duck.
* I kinda want to paint my wicker porch furniture something more fun than white. Maybe turquoise or yellow or lime. But then again, maybe I just want to repaint them white. Thoughts? Either way, I suppose I'll have to wait until the earth defrosts. :(

Happy Thursday! 

Pin It

3 comments:

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails