Monday, August 26, 2013

Relay for Life 2013

Sometimes I forget.
I forget how lucky I am to be sitting here, writing about my husband.
I forget that things could have been so much worse.
I forget that kids all over the world go to bed with only one set of goodnight hugs.
I forget that I am blessed to still have him.
 I forget that people watch him talk about his survivorship, wishing he was their loved one.
I forget that this parade of survivors shrinks, and grows, daily. 
 I forget that the tears of happiness as i watch him walk by every year were once tears of fear, anguish, and hope.
 But, I do not forget that I have loved people that survived for years, or months or days.

 I do not forget that my husband's luminary is in honor of, instead of in memory of.

and i do not forget that we need all the help we can get to find a cure for this war.

Hubby is off getting his CTScan as i type. Praying that it may it be plain ol' boring normal again. 
:)


Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Praying for normal! We sure love having him (and the rest of you guys) around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for normal! We sure enjoy having him (and the rest of you guys) around!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails