Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Thank you...

I received your sweet card the other day. It's words were meaningful and made me smile. I am excited for your new chapter in life, whatever it may be. Sometimes the relationships that are hard, or strained, or detached are what turn us into who we are later.

 Great leaders, strong minds, loving mothers.

 The relationship you mentioned was actually quite similar to mine, and I assure that you will be great. You can learn from your own mistakes as well as from others' mistakes. You can take the good from something that felt like you didn't really have at all, and turn it into a way of life. You make your own happy.

Sweet friend, I wish I could sit down and grab a coffee with you. You could tell me your favorite einstein stories, and I could tell you two more that didn't make it into pictures. The tantrums, the crying, the head-down-in-my-arms-calling-out-for-God-to-give-me-strength moments that hide behind the scenes. Life can be hard, but consider this: it's easy to dwell on the hard times and the low points in the road. Very easy. In nature, I'm actually a pessimist! But I made it a point EVERY. DAY. to count my blessings in everything I can. It's actually become habit now. I talk to God all day long. I'm one of those crazy people who you think is talking to themselves in the car or while pushing the cart through Walmart, but in actuality, im thanking Him for the fresh air, for the clouds that look like my first puppy, for the closest parking spot being farthest from the store so I could be reminded that I have legs that work, that carry me without a thought. I'm telling Him a funny thing that little Alex said at school today, asking for forgiveness for my impatience with the WIC voucher lady in front of me. I mean ALL DAY. and THAT, my dear friend, is more important than that relationship that was distant, or strained, or loveless. He gave you all you need to begin this journey in your life. It's been right there inside all along, just look. :)


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I would love to share your material on our blog (with your permission, of course). More specifically the "junk in the trunk" post. May I email you? I'm at: tawsha (at) organizedchaosonline (dot) com.

    Thank you so very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. email away, my friend! 4castros at geemail!

      Delete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails