Tuesday, November 6, 2012

November



It's amazing to me that November is already here. Another year is coming to a close, and it goes so quickly after Halloween. 
This is my favorite time of year, and yet it always creates changes in my world that you'd think a normal person would avoid, and yet, here I am again, going on and on about my love for fall and all its glory. I'm a planner. A planner and a stresser. And if those plans don't pan out, I stress even more. 
And I'm a list-er. make a list, check it off, move on, and don't stop until it's all done. 
But fall seems to bring with it the longest list ever known to man and all the changes and ad libs that go along with it. 
Did I remember to get the music teacher a gift for Christmas? A sausage tray?? He's vegetarian!!
Wait, so the in-laws AREN"T coming for thankgiving dinner now? But, but...we have everything set!
It's an endless slew of chaos that kills me every year, but it's my favorite because, well, I guess it makes it all worth it. When my kids are happy that the sweet potatoes have extra marshmallows, when we get to see the smiles on the faces of people that we have blessed over the holidays with a note, a card, a small gift, or when the mailman drinks his hot cocoa without reserve right from the mailbox where a little hand placed it just minutes before he arrived.
It's all so special. Every second.
Every plan, every check mark,
every plan B (or C or D), every tear, every smile, every hug.
Every life.
It all comes around during fall, when the earth sheds its past year and sleeps until the renewal of things to come. There's death and chill, but always the hope and anticipation for newness, rebirth, and warmth to come.
Happy fall, everyone - and I'll have to catch you up on all the hallo-goodness we had around here last week!!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails