Saturday, November 17, 2012

Born twice...

1 Samuel 1:27-28 
"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there.



Last Sunday, our sweet Em was baptized. She had been asking for over a year now, but we waited until we were sure that she understood everything that she was symbolizing in this event. 
There was a day that she was in the back seat of the van, talking to a friend of hers that was sitting beside her. She told her that she was getting baptized. Her friend, who is not Christian, began asking her all about it. As Emma went on, her friend asked more and more questions (Who is Jesus? Why did he die? For YOU? I don't get it...), and she replied to EVERY question with complete, accurate, heartfelt, honest answers, and hubby & I looked at each other and we knew that moment that she was ready.

Her 3rd grade teacher is a big role model in her life, and she had decided long ago that Ms. W would be the one to baptize her. (Luckily, Ms. W was equally as excited!)
We chose the 8:30 time slot because it was less crowded, and we wanted to be sure we had seats for everyone who wanted to come witness the event. 
That morning was a perfect one for sleeping in. It was cold, rainy, and dreary, and we were getting quite a few last minute texts from people who couldn't make it for one reason or another, which made it all the more special for those that climbed out of their warm beds early that cold morning to be there, including Grandad (who actually told her he wouldn't be there!)
Ev was excited that he got to stay in the "big church" this time! 
 The water was very, very cold. The heater had broken the day before, and even after mixing in several large canisters of boiling water, it was still cold.
(I say this as though I was in it - which I wasn't - but the girls told me afterwards through their chattering teeth!)
 A small talk from Ms. W....
 Down with the old...
 Up with the new...
 Raised to walk in the way of light and truth.



I had never had a time when my eyes were literally streaming tears down my cheeks before this day.
I was so proud. So touched. So blessed.

We are so proud of you, sweet daughter. You have made a big decision, and it was in full faith. Your conviction has always been strong, and your love for God stronger still. You will do wonderful things for this world and heaven, too. 

You are AMAZING.



In attendance:
Daddy, Mommy, & Evan
Sam, Courtney, & Jospeh
Tada & Abuela
Josh, Nickle, Ayden, & Ruthie
Mitch, Lynne, & Will
Wayne & Jody
Ana & Isabel
Grandad


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. We were honored to be present for this amazing occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story. I'm in tears just reading. Congratulations! Welcome to the family, little miss. I pray you continue to be blessed and bless others.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails