Monday, August 20, 2012

Relay for Life

It's been about 18 months now since that dreaded diagnsis that turned our world upside down.
When i read back on those blog posts, I always tear up.
Always.
And I pray that no one else has to go through an experience like this.
But that's beside the point, isn't it?

The local Relay for Life took place last weekend, and we were there in full force, the four of us.

 Em won a door prize  - dinner for two at Texas Roadhouse, which she promptly informed us all that she was taking her daddy to eat that week.
So sweet.
 The "survivors" were announced by name and years surviving cancer. It was amazing to hear people that were still fighting decades later, and we all wished that for our loved ones one day.



 Evan found items at the event that pulled together into an awesome mean green cancer fighting machine!
 Em & Niecey found onigiris (rice balls) at the Japanese booth.

 We love you, sweet hubby!


Happy Relay Day!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. So good to hear of survivors decades later. I'm new to your blog and don't know your whole story yet, but it's good to see your husband looking well too. My best friend is currently home on hospice care (stage 4 colon cancer). The doctors have given up on her, after watching her fight for five years with the best attitude I've ever seen and they have stopped all treatment. Cancer is a horrible thing. I wish we could find a cure for all kinds. Best wishes to your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear of survivors decades later. I'm new to your blog and don't know your whole story yet, but it's good to see your husband looking well too. My best friend is currently home on hospice care (stage 4 colon cancer). The doctors have given up on her, after watching her fight for five years with the best attitude I've ever seen and they have stopped all treatment. Cancer is a horrible thing. I wish we could find a cure for all kinds. Best wishes to your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Castro family, it's families like you guys that keep me Relaying and that keep me going on the planning committee for my local event. I've really enjoyed reading your blog, I hope all stays well with your husband being cancer free! and that he can keep celebrating with the other cancer survivors! :)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails