Thursday, June 21, 2012

Just the two of us

Yesterday the peanut and I ventured off to the zoo together. Just he and i, and our bag o' snacks and sanitizers. :)
Just the two of us.
It's not often anymore that I get to spend time alone with my sweet boy, and oh how i have missed it! This little boy is a completely different person when he's with me, and no one else. The little manly man becomes my sweet little hand-holding, cuddling while not sure about new things, sweet talking, mommy loving, boy. 
Train ride!
 We stopped off to see baby Maylee, the elephant, but they were late to show, so we wandered on down the path to see the chimps.

 Here we are, with a little added fur.
 No, seriously, I actually had to play momma chimp for the next 30 minutes. It killed me, but it was our day, and everyone deserves to be a baby chimp for a day at the zoo, right?
 We hopped back on the tram for a snack and a look at the map - which my little navigator liked to do probably the mostest while we were there (besides be a baby chimp).
 Our $9 hot dog!
(It was a special day. It was a special day. It was a special day....yeah, STILL hurts)
 The lorikeets were the next stop, and they loved Evan, even without buying the $3 shot glass of nectar! Woot!

 (maybe the lorikeets wanted to play baby chimp-daddy chimp)
Thank you, Evan, for this most precious day. For the slow walks down the paths of a faraway place, holding your little hand in mine. For whispering "Am I choking you?" every few seconds while riding on my back, just to make sure. For saying "Thank You, Mommy" as we hopped the tram. For asking me if I was "so excited" when we came around the bend to see the pink flamingos. For being my little peanut.
I love you.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same about me and my boy. Rare times when you have two kids. And we are SO much alike! El-cheapo...er, frugal. Whatever. $9 for a hot dog! Time with sweet boy...priceless.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails