Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Year Later.

It's been 365 days since my husband gained his scar.
A year.
I can barely remember all the details of that day, but as I scrolled through the blog posts, every detail, every emotion, every smell and taste and feel was reeling through my body once again, like I was there, stuck in that day.
Stuck on that roller coaster of fear and faith.
And I cried again even though there next to me was the man I had worried and prayed over all that time.

He is here, he is happy, he is strong.

The scar is here too, but it's become my favorite shade of pink now, and I think it's wonderful. It serves as a reminder of so many things. Of strength, of bravery, fear, and faith.

And I want to say thank you to everyone who gave all they could to help us out. We are still paying bills with the donations we recieved, we are living proof of the many prayers sent up daily for faith and guidance, our bellies are strong from the dinners cooked and our hearts are full from the cards, letters, emails, and love sent to us.

Tonight, we are together as a family, the four of us.
Roasting marshmallows around a warm firepit.
Remembering ths day,
one year ago.

We are so very blessed in this life.
Thank you.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails