Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring has DEFINATELY sprung...

The weather this month has been absolutely, positively, wonderful! I've had the windows wide open for days and days now and only closed them last night because a big thunderstorm rolled in, which is nice for the plantlife and such.
Anyway, with such nice outside weather, I decided it was time to start the spring work around this ol' house! First up was the sand.
Remember last year when we built that box to level our pool? And I was going to fill it with sand so that we could avoid the deep/shallow end again? And i didn't do it because the heat got me and I filled it and dove head first in and never got out again? Welllllll, I'm getting around to it now,especially because now the einsteins can play in a gigantor sand box until summer's heat comes out to play.
Our friend, Sam drove his "sand tractor", as Evan says, down to help move the sand from the driveway back to the box.
 I have no idea why these are completely out of order, but let's just pretend I'm going all "Memento" on you, and you'll just have to put it in order by yourself. Challenge yourself, jell-o brain!! ;)
Anyway, here it is after the first load of sand was moved and raked.

 ...and there's always the Dobbster watching intently by...
 Evan got to help Sam put the bucket up and down, and he couldn't have been happier.
 Until, that is, he got to drive it back to Sam's house down the street. Check out the smile across that face!

 He yelled ALLLLLL the way back home, saying "Mommy!! Did you see me?!?! Did you see me drive the sand tractor with Sam?!?!"
 ...and then they moved in...
 ...and so did this guy...
 He's a beauty, isn't he?

So then comes our St. Patrick's day festivities! I made this uber cute terrarium full of clover for my LEGO leprechaun. He greeted our guests from his view from the entry table.
 These bunnies are all dressed in their green ribbons (which are now, as we speak, in all colors of Easter pastels) - goodness, how fast this month seems to be!
 My Valentine's Day orchids are still bloomimg beautifully - they have been outside all week!
 ...along with these sweet daffodils that I had bought for a different plan, but I fell in love with them, so they got planted in my blue pots outside, and I think they're just right darn happy here.
 Amongst a lotta other gardenlife, I ordered a dozen Giant Thuja trees to line the back fence. They make great wind, sound, and privacy screens, and grow 2-3 feet a year once they get established. Can't wait!
 (plus, they can block the few feet of lawn weeds beyond the row of daylillies that I neglect...)
 Emma's St. Patrick's Day hairdo - super easy, actually!
 Evan and I had our "Green Party" at school the Friday beforehand. We found a pot of gold a leprechaun had brought!
 And after school, we met Ms. Diane for frozen yogurt to celebrate the start of Spring Break!! Woo hoo!!
 Nom nom nom!
 On the actual day of St. Patrick, the kids awoke to leprechaun treats!

 And just look, look, LOOK at that sweet thank you I got from my little boy, who is NOT the hugging, kissing, cuddling type. So sweet!

 After getting dressed, we made our annual pilgrimmage to Eskimo Joe's for some green eggs & ham breakfast!







 Cold, green, eggs and ham. Yum.
It's tradition. It's tradition. It's tradition.
(Hey, at least it's pretty cheap!)

One of my porch ferns has a cute little nest in it already! Can you believe it?
 ...and my wisteria has bloomed...a LOT. I think it has twice as many blooms in this one bloom than all the blooms combined last year!
 ...and we'll end this update with sweet furry Harley, blind, hard of hearing, smelly, but the sweetest dog I have ever known.
Happy March, everyone!
May the luck of the Irish (and everyone else!) be with you!!

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Is your dog named Dobby? We have a dog named Dobby and we call him dobbster! (and his best friend is named Harley)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeppers! We've got one of each! :)

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails