Monday, July 25, 2011

Sewing on a Sunday

Sunday started out with a few sad faces when it was truth that Daddy wasn't magically transported here over night. We did some laundry and played some pet shops and ran a couple errands and spent some Grammie time, and then I started my biggest sewing project yet.
I had been wanting to make one of these for Ev, seeing as how Em used hers QUITE a bit growing up.
In the city on Saturday we stopped into a Joanns Fabric store for my mom to pick up some specialty fabric, and they had THE cutest fleece prints for little boys. There were a few final choices, but Evan narrowed it down to this one:
 For the minky dot, of COURSE he chose his favorite color.
 So off we went with a bunch of cute fabric, no pattern, and no clue.
 (Thank goodness I had a professional seamstress (mom) on hand!
She helped me decide on a plan of attack, and it was pretty easy once it was all cut out. (Just a whole lotta mental thinking!)
And here's the final result:
 What is it, you ask?
It's a nap mat to put over his sleeping mat at school!
 The pillow and blanket are attached by one seam, so he can flip the blanket off of himself without losing it, and the pillow can flip up, making it usable for when he grows another foot (Ha ha!)
It turned out PERFECT, a little monster nap mat for my littlest monster.
AND
it kept my mind off the sad fact that hubby is STILL away.
I've got all my fingers and tes crossed that they find out what kind of bacteria has infected his blood, and he can get antibiotics and COME HOME!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! Isn't that minky stuff a b!*ch to sew with? After Addie's baby bedding, I swore never again! Love Evan's new nap mat!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails