Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Christmas in July

Because we are all melting within seconds of stepping outside, and yet hobby lobby insists on putting all the Christmas decor out anyway, I thought I'd cool down our thoughts with Christmas in July.

1.Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I love them both. Hot cocoa after playing in the snow or after a fall walk to the bus stop with my little sweet boy is the BEST. (Just add marshmallows). Egg nog is its own delight, however, don't pour me a big ol glass - it's like peeps in that regard - you CAN have too much of a good thing! The einsteins are collectively not fans of the nog, but hubby stands with me.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps his gifts, using our paper that we leave out for him.

3. Colored lights on house/tree or white lights? I LOVE just white lights, but the kids love the colored. Christmas is so much more for them, so we have colored lights on the house, and white on the tree. (Though every now and again, when our lights die, we switch back and forth)

4. Do you hang mistletoe? We did when I was a kid, but since we've established our own family, I don't think we have. AND, mistletoe is our state flower! The shame!! ;)

5. When do you put your decorations up? While we're still digesting the big, fat, Thanksgiving turkey! (Hubs just hates that!)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Green bean casserole!

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? My gosh, i could write for days on this one! I would have to say, we lined up in the hallway, youngest to oldest (there were 5 of us), and ran out to the stockings when we were told it was time. The anticipation (and tummies "sucking in" were funny perks)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I had Emma, I learned that the truth about Santa is that he is the symbol for the magic of Christmas. Not so much a real flesh and blood man, or the reason for Christmas, just a symbol for the magic we felt as kids.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? The kids each get to open one gift - a pair of pjs. Hubby & I are so bad with waiting to gove gifts to each other, that ours are probably opened even earlier!

10. How do you decorate your tree? In silver, gold, and red balls, small photo frames, and the kids' handmade ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I love it! (and I'd REALLY love it about now!)

12. Can you ice skate? Well, I'm no Yamaguchi, but I can get from one side of the rink to the other.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One year after all the presents were opened, I found a card in the tree for me. When I opened it, it said to go look in my dad's closet. When i got there, there was a big sqaure box inside. I opened the box to find a BUNNY!

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Celebrating our family as a whole, loving unit.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My sister's spritz cookies!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching The Christmas Story with my dad.

17. What tops your Christmas tree? A star!

18. Which do you prefer-giving or receiving? I prefer shopping! But after that, I love giving because of the looks on faces of utter happiness or disgust.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Breath of Heaven

20. Candy Canes-yum or yuck? Yum - but only the old school peppermint. i don't like the fruity ones.

21. What do you want for Christmas? The death of cancer!!

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Eh, work parties, but they aren't really parties.

23. Do you dress up on Christmas or wear PJs? PJs...who dresses up???

24. Do you own a Santa hat? Yes, I even have a singing one I wear when i do Santa pictures!

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? I'm pretty adamant that the kids always awake on Christmas morning in their own beds. Whoever wants to come over in the morning is welcome, otherwise we see them later on.

Hey! i think it worked! I feel much cooler!! Oh....wait....nevermind. I'm sitting on the air vent again.
Sigh

Have a great Tuesday!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails