Friday, May 20, 2011

Ships, Ahoy!

The rain came today in bucketfuls, and before it stopped, Evan and I ventured out into the pouring rain (and thunder, mind you!) to sail these ships we had gotten months ago for the big rainy events of the summer. Each was equipt with a rubber ducky captain and a whole lotta hopes & expectations.
 Aaaaaaaaaand they're off!
 Emma's boat is the red one - I was lucky enough that I could borrow it.




 The ships sailed down the street over and over and over again. We were out there for over an hour in the pouring rain!


 On their final voyage, we let them sail all the way to the drainage canal, where it would dump out into the creek. (Don't worry, Mommy saved the duckies and their seaward ships before they hit the muddy rivers!)
Not long after we came in, the rains stopped and the roaring rapids gutters were down to just a trickle, no good for shipping. Good thing I got talked into venturing out into the cold rain. I just mighta missed this special day at sea with my best mate.
I love you, Cap't Evan!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! that is the cutest ever!!! Stay safe today!!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails