Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Home Again...

We made it home safely! Exhausted and tired, but safe, and we were overjoyed to get out of the car!
Our way home went something like this:
Breakfast at Krispy Kreme...

 ...stopping every hour or so for bathroom and walking breaks, and one longer stop to walk around Bass Pro in Springfield.
Croc for Evan!
 Gavin's LEGO personna and Emma's "on-safari giraffe" personna joined our friend, Anitra to help us drive back. Here they are with the giant gar!
 Hubby was contianed to a scooter most of the time, although he wasn't overly thrilled about it.

 Another photo for Evan - RACE CAR!!!!
 ...and us. ♥
 About half way home, we got some bad news. The doctor called to tell us that the pathology report had come in from the lymph nodes removed from his abdomen, and that they in fact, DID find the rare PNET cancer inside at least one.
Now just because I don't want to have to repeat this to everyone who keeps on asking "Did it spread?", we don't know. There's no way to know. PNET is VERY RARE. It doesn't show up on blood tests, CTScans, MRI's, ultrasounds, you name it, it hides. The only time you'll see it on those devices is when it has reached a very large tumor state. So, NO, we do NOT know if it has spread, and we won't know.
PNET is resistant to chemo, radiation, and all other normal treatments that kill cancer cells. They are working on a cure. One new option is a newly mixed cocktail of poison that can be put into chemotherapy, which is sotra experimental, but we're going to try it. We have no other options here.
In about a month, after the wound has healed, Hubby will start this new chemo drug. It will be shipped from IU and sent to our oncologist here in Oklahoma for treatment, along with training on what to do.
This has GOT to work.
We have reached the end of the road, and this is all that's left.
And I'm so scared, and tired, and exhaused from being relieved and happy to the bottom dropping out again and again, that I feel like just closing my eyes and not getting back up for another year or so.
Please, please PLEASE continue to pray for a cure for this rare cancer cell, and that it will help hubby beat this disease. I ask for nothing else in this lifetime.

When we returned home, we were greeted by a couple of kiddos fresh out of the tub, big smiles, and bigger hugs. Evan said "Mommy! I missed you and you were in my car!!", and it melted my barely beating heart back into it's whole self once again.
I missed those kids, more than I ever knew I could, and I was SO releived to be home with them.
My mom stayed one more night, to help us out with the kids that evening and this morning, and I can't thank her enough, because honestly, they were both a blur to me.
After dropping Emma off at school and my mom off at her house, I drove home, once again, in tears. They say the human body is something like 80% water, and I'm pretty sure mine is probablly down closer to the 20% mark by now.
The rains that had come while we were away had pleased my plants. They were HUGE when we arrived, and the lawn was rather tall as well. I settled Evan down into bed with daddy and turned on Elmo, then quickly ran outside to mow the lawns. They needed it, and I could use some sun and fresh air as well. The plants were watered and the  grass cut, and I lovingly removed the Feathersby nest from it's fern, still a little sad that I didn't get to see them fly.
 I picked the dead leaves off and gave it a good thourough watering, and hung it back up. The other two ferns are plenty green and happy, and as I lifted them down to water, I found this:
I haven't seen mom or dad, so I am not sure if it is Molly again, or not. But I'm happy to see that we have new tennants in #2, Porch Lane. (AND, there is also an empty nest in #3!)
My goodness!

Have a wonderful week, and among the busy-ness, I'll be trying to keep you updated.

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Oh Heidi. Just wanted to say that I am still praying and believing that this disease will have been contained in that one lymph node. Please God, let it all be gone forever from his body. You have both been through so much...I don't know how you have even managed so well so far. Just know that we are all pulling for you and are here for you. Much love and prayers and hugs from Veronica & Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs, Heidi. This is certainly a lot for you guys to bear. :( I'll still be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for you guys. We will pray that it has not spread. I hate that you are going through this, Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death; I will fear no evil for thou art with me.
    The 23td Psalm states that you will walk "through" the valley you will not linger, you will not stay, dear friend you will go through it and come out of it brillantly and with triumph.

    Oh, love those OSU t-shirts!!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails