Monday, May 30, 2011

Goodbye, 2nd Grade!

For the end of school, all the 2nd grade classes walked down to a neraby park and had an "end of the year" party. It was a longer walk than I wanted to endure, having been loaded down with coolers, toddlers, and first aid supplies, so I snapped a few shots of the kids walking, an drove down to the park to wait.
 Can you see Em? She has on a peace sign shirt and a yellow visor.
 While we waited, Ev got free rein of all the fun stuff like ring tosses, balls, and chalk.
 Sound the cattlecall! Here they come!

 Em & Mak in their matching luau flower clips :)
 Tooooooooot!
 It's been a wonderful year! Thank you, Mrs. Pittman!



 My Ana :)
 Lunchtime!
 For some reason, the kids thought this was the best game! Sitting atop one another. AND they insisted I take pictures every time, meaning that out of the 100 or so pictures I took this day, about half were of a group of sat-upon kiddos.
 Choppers flying overhead - probably on their way to Joplin, perhaps?
 Wherever they were headed to, there was a little boy wishing he was the one flying them there.
 ...but he settled for a nice cold water instead.
(whew!)

I'm still not completely accepting the fact that my little girl is already into THIRD grade! Can it be?
(snif snif)
I suppose so.
(sigh)
Goodbye, 2nd grade. It was a blast!
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day!

    I noticed your daughter's teacher had a Sonic drink. What is it with Sonic drinks and us teachers? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun day! It's so weird that we now have third graders! Time is zipping past, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails