Thursday, May 19, 2011

A bit of this and that...

It's Thursday...or so I think...I have successfully lost track of days and times and events, and am coasting along on sleep deprivation and the occasional tiny meal. HOWever, I am trying my darndest to get things back to "normal" - whatever that may be.
It's come to my attention that the new couple that moved in to #2, Porch Lane, is in fact a different set of parents, judged solely on the fact that they are much louder than the Featherby family, and still rather scared of my prescence, unlike Molly, who was pretty tolerant by the end. They are called the "Malflys" and as of yesterday afternoon had not only 2 eggs in their nest, but a cowbird egg as well! An adoptee! (A cowbird lays eggs in other birds' nests so that they can be incubated and raised by another family - such lazy little things, eh?)
It actually reminds me a lot of the show "Dinosaur Train" that Evan loves so much. A T-Rex egg ends up in a Pteranodon nest and is raised by momma pteranodon alongside the 3 egs that were hers. (Now how the heck did that happen??)
So here they are, the 3 Malfly eggs, awaiting, perhaps, at least one more sib?

Hubby is feeling okay. He has weaned off his pain medication and put on his "Capt. Awesome cape again this morning and headed to work. I picked up my sore, limping hubby a few hours later, and felt that my scolding could wait another nap or so. He's doing well, though. I hate to see him this way. I wish and wish and wish that it could have been me instead. He doesn't deserve this.

We are blessed with wonderful friends that have offered to bring us dinners, and continue to support us in prayer and help in all ways possible. Especially in my heart is this blog post, written by, in all definitions, a stranger. She has never met us, seen us, or talked to us. But here she is, asking all those that she touches with her words, to pray for this little family of ours, in our time of great prayerful need. The feeling I had when I stumbled upon it was undefinable.

We see God's work all around us at this time, in every smile, every hug, every hand clenched in prayer, every thought. Thank you ALL, we are so blessed to have you.

There are only 6 more school days left this year. Can you believe it? I feel like I must have fallen asleep like Rip Van Winkle and awaken months later with an almost 3rd grader. I feel sad that I have missed a couple big events in her classroom last week, but next week is her end-of-school party, and I plan to make it up to her. We're gonna have fun, oh yes, we will!

The weather is so nice the past few days! A cool breeze that flows through my house like it's taking a deep breath, and just enough clouds to keep it from warming up too much. I missed the rain, though, and even though we had some really loud lightning one night, it never rained for me, only when I was gone :( I suspect June will bring more, though, it's our rainiest month.

I suppose that is all for now.
I'm sure this blog will make its way back to normal soon enough, and my dear friend Holly will be able to read it at work once again, without the red eyes and sniffly nose. (wink, wink)
Have a wonderful day. Be glad & Rejoyce in it!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I've been out of touch lately and just saw this post. I feel the same way about you dear friend. So glad you guys are home safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails