Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Fresh Start

I had $30 in my pocket. I decided that I needed to make a change for the new year, and so the kids and I went to Lowes to see what we could find. New hooks for our aprons? Winter flowers? A new tarp for the roof of the playground fort?
It ended up being a gallon of paint. 
I have been thinking and rethinking what color I would like to paint the kitchen, and came up with a really pale sage that matches the curtains that hang by our table. We watched the paint girl mix up our color, and headed home!
Here's Emma and the taped off, yellowish beige walls of before...
 The color didn't really seem too different from the original color, so it was a subtle change (can you see the difference?)
 This morning (without the sunlight beaming straight in!), it was dry and it was the perfect shade of sage :)
 So, I made a frame for our family bulletin board, painted it, and hung it right back up in it's spot on the wall.
(Although, I have bigger plans I'll tell you about later, wink wink)
 Now for the other walls of the kitchen & dining rooms...ugh.

Evan was in for a fresh start to the new year, too!
Have a WONDERFUL week, everyone!!
Pin It

1 comment:

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails