Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Remember...

Dear Husband, Soul mate, Best Friend,
Do you remember our first Christmas together? Hanging the ornaments in our little corner of the house in the mountains?
The tinsel was so bright and sparkly.
You cooked a turkey JUST right, and we snuggled up on the couch in our matching pajama pants and laughed at Jake, snoring away in his Christmas sweater on the floor.
Soon after, we decorated our tree in the living room, we videoed every second of it. I looked like a pumpkin in my orange OSU tee shirt, bulging with our little Emma inside, dancing and spinning to the Christmas songs I was singing out loud and out of tune. Baby Harley was all snuggled up among the boxes of bright colored light strings and tinsel.
For years following that, our Christmas time ritual became boarding a plane and flying back "home". Remember to pack extra suitcases for all the presents Emma got! Add a ticket for Harley!
It was always fun to meet people travelling to and from all over the country, all mingled together in one airport, all excited for their destinations for the holidays.
Remember our last Christmas there? In California?
Bittersweet. Our son had just left for heaven. It rained that Christmas. For weeks it poured. Rain had always cheered me up, and it was like he was pouring rain and more rain to make me feel better, but even rain from the heavens didn't make it any easier.
We vowed to make it back home. Fix our hearts and souls with band-aids in the form of loved ones.
And now we are home.
Home.
Where our children can dream their sugarplum dreams and wake up EVERY Christmas snuggled in their own beds. Where magic happens in their own home, and pajamas all day are okay, and welcome.
Remember telling me that someday we'd have all this?
Someday is here.
I can't imagine that Christmas can be any more perfect than this.
A warm fire.
Bright lights.
Packages with big red bows,
Cookies and milk for Santa,
Reindeer food on the lawn,
Singing carols,
Brightest house on the street,
Egg nog,
Furry slippers,
and you.

Merry Christmas, Darling.
Look how far we've come!

Forever and always,
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I can't even begin to explain how touching that post is. So many memories in our lives together, and for you to remember every moment is amazing. I remember all of those times, each of them displayed right before my eyes while reading this. I have always cherished every moment we've had together, each being unique and meaningful. I love you, I always will. There are many more "somedays" in our future, and I truly believe that they are only achieved because of you. You are my inspiration, my hope, my fire. You've brought so much to my life, and I'm not sure there exists a fitting way to express my gratitude, but I intend to spend the rest of my life showing you my appreciation. XOxoXoxO

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails