Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pumpkins, Goards, and Corn! Oh My!

This morning, Rebecca and I took our little boys to the pumpkin path in Vinco, OK. It was a chilly morning, so we bundled them up and off we went!
 Our first stop was the corn maze. The little guys led us around all the turns and pathes and we finally made it out into the pumpkin patch!

 Grant found a pumpkin!
 Evan found a white squash!

 On our way up to the payment house, I rode in the truck bed with the boys, who had a BLAST on all the bumpity bumps :)

 Peek-A-Boo! I see you, little Evan!
 Evan decided that this one was his favorite pumpkin of all!
 Grant found a giant gourd!
 "Doooooonnnnnkey!!! Come heeeeeeerrrre!"
 A little boy and his big ol' pumpkin!
 We're all done!!
What dusty little boys we're taking home with us!
 Becca, Reid, and Grant :)
 Me & Evan
When I planned on having kids, I never thought about the age gaps. I just got pregnant when I did, and let God decide when that would be. I don't know many people that have the age gap as far apart as my two are, but I have to say, I couldn't have planned it any better :)
When I think of all the fun times Emma & I went to parks and playdates and daytrips, it was the two of us, and we were there, together, her and I, hand in hand. Now, with her in school, I am having these moments with Evan, just him and I, and it's beautiful. I'm just one of those moms that wants to live every second of their childhoods, knowing what I would be missing if I didn't, and this way, God has granted me just that.
The never-take-for-granted mom, and her two firstborns :)
And I am thankful for the chance,
and thankful for the miracles,
and I am thankful that when my children are grown, I won't ever have to say that I took their childhood for granted, that I should've, could've or would've. Because I did. And I do.
Manicures and pedicures will just be ruined while I dig in the sand and run in the wet grass
My hair's highlights will just be pulled up into the ponytail I wear to keep me from eating my hair on the swings
I can sleep later, wash dishes tomorrow, and do laundry this weekend, because I'd rather go up and down our slide a hundred times over and over just to hear that laugh.
And I'll blink.
And it will all be gone.
But I'll have no regrets.
(Just a lot of laundry, dishes, and sleeping to do!)
;)


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails