Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hauntingly Cute :)

Did you get your Pottery Barn Kids catalog the other day? Me, too.
I couldn't help but gasp in delight when I saw these uber cute Halloween bags, only to gasp again in disgust at the price.

BUT, for a skull fanatic like me, I just had to have them, so I decided to make my own!
I bought all my supplies for under $13, and began making my own version of the cute totes.
I had to teach myself to do this style of stitching from looking at the catalog. It took me a couple tries, but I got it! :) Yay, me!
The skulls turned out super cute, but I wanted to make mine even more personal than the original...

...so Evan's is a pirate skull, for my little swashbuckler...
...and the Princess got hers with a bow.
Then, I decided on double straps so the kids could open them easier for collecting treats (or tricks?) on Halloween night. :)
The kids LOVE them, especially Evan, who has been walking around with his on his shoulder, calling it "Eben's Bapback".
It was soooo worth the time and effort!
(And they're cuter than the pottery barn ones, too - if i do say so myself...)
Happy October!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Those are absolutely adorable! I have not seen the PB version, but I am sure they are nowhere near yours. Seriously, next year you need an Etsy shop just for these bags.

    Have a great day ~ enjoy this awesome OK weather!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails