Thursday, October 7, 2010

Happy Anniversary, My Love :)

Today, eight years ago, I married my best friend. The day was warm and sunny, and  a b s o l u t e l y  perfect. I remember that day as one of the happiest days in my life. I was giddy with excitement, wondering what his face would say when he saw me dressed up like the princess he treated me as.
My life was new and young, beautifully nieve. We had no idea that day, as we vowed in good times and bad, to always be together, that there would be so many mountains to climb, so many rivers to cross, and so many winds trying to tear us apart.
Yet, here we are, eight years later, and we're stronger, smarter, and more in love than we ever knew we could possibly be.
How did we get so lucky?
How did we find each other in this crazy world?
There are higher powers at work here, and I'm not complaining a bit.
So, thank you, husband, for all the big and small things you do, and don't do.
Thank you for the extra blankets at night on my feet because you know they're always cold,
the fresh cups of water at my bedstand in the morning because my allergies dry out my throat,
the pancakes every saturday morning in bed, and the kisses on my cheek every sunrise when you awake, even when I'm not.
Thank you for putting us all first,
for not driving the porsche so we could get our dream van,
for pictures, and letters, and notes on the mirror.
For snickers at bedtime and chick flicks instead of Rambo.
You are my love, my life, my world.
Thank you.
I appreciate
every.
single.
moment.
that we've been together, and wouldn't change a single one.
God blessed the broken road that brought us to each other, and he blessed the one we'll be travelling the rest of our lives together.
Happy Anniversary, my dear, sweet husband.
I love you.
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love you too. This has to be the best anniversary gift I could have ever received. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope everyday that you know that I love you more than I can control. From the first day to the last, your love is my life. XOxoXoxO

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails