Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Uptown, Downtown, Upside Down!

We missed the bus this morning...but that's a different story.
It was fun dropping sister off at school in the long lines out front, though. We pointed out buses, trucks, and cars. All their colors, all sizes. To make up for our lost morning walk, Evan and I headed downtown to stroll the quiet streets before the shops open up and the hustle and bustle of shoppers filled the sidewalks.
This fountain has been here since I moved here in 1986. I remember playing all around it with my own mother, and it hasn't changed a bit. 
Evan found this puppy at a shop, and clung on to it for dear life. He was showing "puppy" the water, and telling her how cold it was.

Brrr! It was cold!






This large wagon wheel made a perfect jungle gym for puppy. She was pushed through all the holes and back again. Evan was laughing so hard everytime she would plop onto the other side. :)




This park sign was perfect for tracing letters! The cutouts were just the size of his little fingertip, and he said each letter as he traced along inside it. Soooo cute!

Sometimes I have to look at everything in a new way as a mom. I normally look past it, since I've seen it pass by for over 20 years. I guess that's one of the challenges of raising kids where you were raised.
Opening my eyes again, day by day...


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails