Friday, July 23, 2010

Lakeside

Emma had finished her art camp and swim training, so we decided to have a fun day today to celebrate. I wouldn't tell her where we were going, but I had rented a paddleboat for her at the lake by our house.
Evan hadn't napped all day, so by the time we had paddled our boat to the area we were set up at, he was zonked out! :)
Once we got to shore, Gavin & Emma found an "island" rock that would gain popualrity as the hours passed.
When I was small, my parents would take us here to this lake a lot, and we always brought our floaters and such. We didn't have any floaters, so I ran and got one before we left so that baby Evan could have a place of refuge, just in case.
It turns out that he LOVED the turtle! :)
We invited our friends out to meet us there, and the kids (with a little help) took the paddleboat all the way out to the buoy. (And they were really proud!)
This is one of those fun shots you can only get with a waterproof camera (Thanks, Anitra!)
They are actually in the boat paddling through the waves. Ha ha!
Emma and her little Evan ♥
AHHH! Hahahaha!
My beautiful friend, Rebecca, and her beautiful little guy, Reid!
The rock island again :)
Big sis taking little bro out for a swim. She was very excited that Evan got to go to the lake with her, and was having a lot of fun with him in the water.

Another rock island sighting :)
My best boys.
Evan is such a daddy's boy. Every minute he wasn't with his daddy, he was asking for him.
Turtle!
 


Rebecca & I accompanied Em & Gav allllllll the way to the buoy.
It was a looooong swim, especially since it was against the current!
We. Were. Pooped.
The whole crew!
John, Parker, Evan, Jason (and Jordan's leg), Grant, Gavin, Emma, Rebecca, Reid
Not pictured: Heidi ;)
 
We ended up right where we left off.
Evan was in his floater and told me he was "all done", so as I floated him to shore, he actually FELL ASLEEP in the water! Ha! Poor thing. He was pooped.
(and he's STILL asleep!)

 
I had the best time today with you all.
Can't think of a better way to start the weekend :)

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a really fun day! You have lake near you where you can rent paddle boats? I'm jealous. What lake? I know you're not far from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to Lake Carl Blackwell, west of town. They appeared to have ONE paddleboat, from what I saw, but might have more in a building maybe? The price is pretty decent, and it was a lot of fun for the kiddos! Let me know if you come out! We may join you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    I've heard Lake Carl Blackwell is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails