Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy!

My dad was born today, many years ago.
He grew up smart and handsome, and accomplished many, many great things.
But by far the greatest?
Being the best dad he could have been.
He sacrificed blood, sweat, and tears for our family to have the best of everything. He was a single income father & husband that gave everything he earned to all of us.
We had nice clothes. We lived in the best neighborhood, and attended the best schools.
He never asked for anything in return.
Never.
And now, as I am grown, with children of my own, I am so happy that they can spend the evenings in the presence of this great man, who shaped me into their mother, who held me close when I cried, who brought me a toy when I was too sick to go to school, and who taught me to live simply, and be happy that way.
So, Happy Birthday, Daddy!
Look how far you have come!
Have a wonderful day!
I love you!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails