Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Angels on Earth

The biggest reason we chose this vacation at this time was to visit my great aunt, Sakaye. She is an amazing woman that means the world to me.
She was young when she was made to live in a concentration camp for the Japanese here in the US during WWII. Even after being treated so badly, she went on to go to college, get her master's degree, and become a teacher. She is such a smart, strong woman, and I can only hope that I get my courage from her.
For years now she has been battling cancer, and is ready to stop the painful chemo treatments and the like. In fact, she says that she's all better now, no matter what the doctors tell her.
I enjoyed very much so the time we spent with her while there, and the kids did too.
Emma thought it was so fun to take her on walks around the gardens in her wheelchair.
And she liked them, too. :)
I can't wait to see her again!
We Love you, "Gramma Sakaye"!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails