Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sunday #3

I have to say that this weekend has left me just under exhausted. The weekend was so busy and every minute was packed with excitement, and I don't think I have gotten to slow down until today, which I'm pretty sure is short lived, since this weekend, once again, brings a huge event - my baby turns 7.
As you can recall, she was allowed 7 friends, and was awarded 2 more because the fact that, well, they were kinda involved in the making so much that it would have been heartbreak had they not gotten to come see the final event - even if they don't qualify for the ages 6 and up ONLY rule that the LEGO store had originally imposed. Luckily, I have a couple great big people that are helping me out, and thus, I'm sure the youngers will do fine among the contests with little help.
SO, things are coming together well. The goodie bags are ready to go, and even though I need to replace the ink cartridges in my printer to finish the last few bags, I think I'm almost ready.
Almost.
There are still drinks and snacks and decorations and, of course, the cake. After last year's Ugly Doll cake, I have to admit, I'm a little nervous. Knowing now that I need to let the cake cool completely before icing it makes me feel a little better about myself, and I'm hoping it will go okay. Besides, she's always really good at making me feel like I'm a "famous" (photographer, baker, cook, driver, etc), so I think she'll love it!
Are you anxious for photos? Me too, because that means I'd have it all done and ready to photograph :)
But, it's not, and you'll just have to wait.
Today is the beginning of lent. My big bro tells me to "give up something you like thats bad for you until Easter. Soda, candy, poptarts, shopping, whatever". What? Shopping?? And I thought giving up meat was hard! Maybe I'll not be so Catholic this week, though it reminds me that I failed to give you the 3rd Sorrow & Joy of St. Joseph...so here it goes...
St. JOSEPH, by the SORROW with which thy heart was pierced at the sight of the Blood which flowed from the Infant Jesus in the Circumcision, and by the JOY that inundated thy soul at thy privilege of imposing the sacred and mysterious Name of Jesus, obtain for us that the merits of this Precious Blood may be applied to our souls, and that the Divine Name of Jesus may be engraved forever in our hearts.
Yikes. I remember that sorrow the day that Evan went in. It was more painful for me, I think. Girls are so much easier at that age...sometimes.
And to think that it's been 7 years since I was so big that I could almost pop, yet I wished that she could stay in my tummy forever, where we were one, and she was safe. And I knew what she ate, and how she was feeling, and when she slumbered and awoke. And I remember that seven years ago today, my OB had told me that she was going to induce me on the 23rd, and I was nervous. Emma would come when she was ready. And I didn't want it any other way.
Ugh. I had better stop before this lump in my throat causes tears in my eyes...again...for the hundredth time today...again.
And, by the way, if you were at Panera Bread last night and found cash on the ground, please turn it in. That was my week's pay, and my gas money and my little girl's birthday fund. And I worked very hard for it.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails