Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tukey Lurkey!

This Thanksgiving has come and gone, and as usual, it tops the list of fun family gatherings. :) It was a small meal this year, everyone had plans elsewhere or money was a little tight to travel this way, but wherever our loved ones were, there we were also. I had gotten the cooking all done by noon, so we decided to have a Thanksgiving lunch (and dinner) instead. Here's Emma with the turkey! I am thankful that I have such a sweet and helpful daughter. Evan fed himself this year with his cute little [personalized] eatery. I am so thankful that he is healthy and well!
The table was set & ready to go by the time my dad arrived with sweet potatos and the boys came over. I'm so thankful that I have my dad in my life, and he makes the BEST sweet potatos!
The bird! I thought 16 pounds was enough...apparently not!
John carving the turkey! White meat, please!
I am thankful that I have the most loving, thoughtful husband in the world at my side.
And Evan wants to be just like him :)
My big brother came in from Japan bringing exotic drinks along! I am really thankful that while many families were separated by war this year, my big brother was able to be home, with us.
This was a melon soda, and a Pepsi in azuki flavor. Apparently in Japan, they have new flavors for every season & it's kinda like a collectors thing...
This was the "Love Mode" Ginger-ale. It was sparkly and pink. I loved it! Also, a small can of lemonade. There was a tiny can of coke and a can of Orange juice, too, but I guess I didn't get them on camera :(
I am thankful for my baby brother, who makes me laugh at all the little things, and who keeps me company here.
Daddy thought it would be funny for Evan to learn the art of drinking from wine bottles. Sigh.
Thankful for sparkling grape juice...
The next day, after waking up at 2 for the black friday sales, we headed to the in-laws house for a visit. I am thankful that I have in-laws who love my children this much!
We also got to see Great-Grandpa Joe. I am thankful that he is healthy and happy in his little farmhouse down the hill. :) Emma always loves to see what new animals are there.
We also saw Granma Joyce & Joe- I guess by then we were so sleep deprived that we forgot the camera! :( And it's so rare to actually get to see Joe! ;) But we are so thankful for them, too! Your efforts never go unnoticed! ♥
Thank you, family, for being there for us all. I can't imagine going through a Thanksgiving day when there is no family to be thankful for.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails