Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hello, December!

Well, we have all made it to December! Hooray! The end of 2009 is coming closer, can you believe it?? We decorated (luckily) before the cold front came in. Unfortunately, every single strand of lights we bought new last year decided to only light partially. Ugh. So, for this year, we only have a small strip of lights, with most burning brightly, and some not, but hopefully after Christmas, we can score a new set for dirt cheap! (Keep your fingers crossed!)
Indoors, we got the tree up and lit and most of our holiday decor out. I have yet to own this nativity set (Willow Tree, by Susan Lordi), but continue to admire it at the stores, and it always makes me feel like I've had it every year :) so I had to include it in my photo montage!

The advent calender this year features none other than The Littlest Pet Shop crew. (I couldn't find a "Polly Pocket" one...) She was thrilled, nonetheless, and I can't help but wonder if I will have to buy two advent calendars in the future, since there really isn't a "gender neutral" one that is made for kids who don't get candy every day...

Until the day I get my Willow Tree set, this has been our nativity scene - a 3 inch tall manger I bought from the Dollar Tree years ago in California. I still think it's one of the cutest nativities I have seen :)
Our tree & mantle are lit up and sparkly! And stockings are hung by the chimney with care!
The train is up & running, complete with smoking smokestack that fills the room so quickly that we can't run it too long! :D
Hey, look! It's the mysteroius lady behind the lens again!
My little peanut, and half the reason I decorate for hours on end each year...
Last year's Santa photo, soon to be replaced by a new one!
The Advent wreath, and Emma, who lit her first candle tonight for our Advent supper. :)
This candle, the first of the 4, is the symbol for "hope".
"Darkness as black as night covers all the nations of the earth, but the glory of the Lord rises and appears over you. All nations will come to your light; mighty kings will come to see your radiance"
Isaiah 60: 2-3
On the 1st day of Christmas, my advent calendar gave to me...
Then we decided to make our own advent wreaths.
We actually have a 4 part instructional video that will be appearing as soon as I have time to upload it...
Tah-dah! (yes, hers has an extra, blue, candle...)
Happy December, everyone! May the cold winds kiss your noses and the frost freeze your worries away!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails