Thursday, December 10, 2009

Catching up!

Wow! I feel like I've set the bar pretty high after letting you know each day what the calendar had brought! I can just imagine a grumbly reader out there scoffing all night because he didn't learn what new item the calendar spewed out that day! Ha ha! Grumble, grumble.

So, here is the new collection since day 7...
On the 8th day of Christmas, my calendar gave to meeeee...
...some earmuffs for Mistletoe kit-teeeeee!
(And an interesting fact : Mistletoe is the state flower of Oklahoma) On the 9th day of Christmas, my calendar gave to meeee...
... a mousy toy for little kit-teeeee!
And much to Emma's dismay, we open the doors at dinner time, so you won't find out what today's item is until later.
----------
I got the privilege to photograph Emma's friend, Bailey, for Christmas cards the other day. She is such a cutie. The other day at their Girl Scout party, Bailey came in wearing a cloak over her church dress, similar in style to this one. There are moments in my life that remind me of how much I loved teaching little ones, and this was one of those moments...
Here's where the conversation went:
Hi, Miss Heidi!
Hi, Miss Bailey!
Do I look like an African girl doll?
Whuuuuut?
Um, do I look like an African girl doll?
An African girl doll?
Yeah!
Oh! You mean an American girl doll??
Yeah, an American Girl doll!
{Holding back tears of chuckling}
Why, yes, Bailey, you do! How beautiful!
Ahh, to be so young and sweet.
Have a great day!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails