Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Brrrrr!

Oh the weather outside is frightful,
but the fire is so delightful,
and since there's no place to gooooo
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!


Well, it's not really snowing outside, but did you see the snow on my blog?!? Crazy, huh? And I know most of you get this by email, so you'll have to click on the "The Castro Family" link at the very bottom of your email to see the actual blogger page, or go to http://heidicastro.blogspot.com/ to see the snow (and my new blogger decor, thank you very much!)


It's really cold outside today. I mean, bite your nose cold. This morning was the meal swap, and it looks yummy & warm! I can't wait to eat it all! ;)

Well, Sunday was the lighting of the 2nd candle in our advent wreath. This one was purple, and is representing "Peace".

This messenger was John the Baptist. He was in the wilderness and preached that people should be baptised to show that they had repented of their sins and turned to God to be forgiven.
Mark 1:4
The darkness was now gone, and the people were at peace. The hope had been fufilled, and the Saviour was, indeed, coming.

Eventually, maybe after Christmas, I'd like to get the Fisher Price Little People nativity or something else child-friendly so that as each day goes by, we can have the kids move the animals and wisemen closer and closer each day up to Jesus' birthday, when the baby would be added to the manger :) It would probably be a little more relevent than the bible at this age, and have more meaning than...

On the 7th day of Christmas, my calendar gave to meeeee....
.... a shawl for the little monkeeeeeeey
(I'm not sure that it wasn't intended for Mistletoe to wear, but her big ol' head was too thick...)
Last night, I had another Christmas photo shoot, this time with my great friends, the Sires Family. I always favor babies at this time of year because they find the lights on the tree so fascinating. Look at the precious little guy! You just can't beat those sparkly eyes!
I have another family doing pictures tonight, so it'll be an exciting week!
The sky is drizzling icy rain, and we're trying to stay toasty-warm inside. Evan & I are getting ready to eat some warm soup! And daddy should be home for lunch any minute...
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails