Sunday, August 30, 2009

Lazzzzy Dayzzzz of August

Today was almost perfect weather! When we left for church, it was even cool! It makes me anxious for fall ~ my favorite season af all! I love the colors of fall leaves, I love the cool, crisp autumn air that smells like fall. I love football games, and blue jeans. I love Halloween and pumpkins, pies and cinnamon candles that fill my house with a warm glow and a sweet aroma.
There was a place we went every fall with Emma in Half Moon Bay, CA. It was a little place called Lemo's Farm, and it was a delight! Hundreds of pumpkins lined the walkways to trains, pony rides, and mazes. They had a barn (complete with barn kitty) that was decorated for Halloween, where everything was for sale. My mom once bought me a pincushion plant from there once. I was devistated when I failed to keep it alive :( but my fondest fall memories are of those days, spent in the patch, helping Emma look for her "perfect" pumpkin. My husband by her side, pointing out potential jack-o-lanterns, and my mom walking alongside me, watching her granddaughter with beaming pride. The last time we went was an especially bittersweet trip. It was so recent after the loss of Eli, but we needed to go. For Emma, for us, for Eli. We knew it would probably be the last time we would go, as we could no longer bear living so far from family, and I was glad we did. It was perfect. So today, with the weather so perfect, I carried around my camera, and took some photos of our lazy day outside :)

Calypso taking a cat nap

Harley was sun-bathing!
I cut some of my phlox today, since it was growing so tall, it was bending over onto the ground! It ended up making a beautiful display of flowers for our table (and smells just heavenly!)
Evan woke up from nap and wanted to go outside to see Daddy, who was mowing the lawn. It was a little bright out for him! ;)
So, we pushed his new car (thank you, Gramma Joyce & Gpa Joe!) under the shade of our tree in the front yard.
He loves to get in and out of the car, using the tiny door :)
If you look closely, you can see a little roadkill victim lying in front of the car!
Luckily, he was a good sport :)
This flower was planted in my garden by the wind, a cat, a bird, or an angel. I didn't plant it, but it sure grew! In my favorite color, at that! A beautiful surprise, don't you think?!
And my favorite part of the day - my two little ones enjoying the day.
Together.
Thank you for the sneek peek, fall! We are ready!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails