Tuesday, July 14, 2009

This day in history...

On this day, 6 years ago, we lived in Sunnyvale, California. It was the day of the Japanese Obon Festival, a dancing festival to honor the dead. My sister & I were dressing up to dance in the traditional Yukata, and I wrapped Emma up in the extra obi from my outfit. She looked absolutely gorgeous.

On this day 5 years ago, Emma attended the birthday party of her friend, Diego. Look at her in her sweet little "Happy Birthday" dress from Papa.
On this day, 4 years ago, I snapped this photo of Emma napping with Bun-Bun. Still looks the same to this day!



On this day, 3 years ago, Emma had just gotten her new "Big Sister" tee shirt. She was SO excited at the thought that in 2 months, Eli would be here!




On this day, 2 years ago, my mom took this picture of Emma in the van, who was taking a picture of my mom on her Ratatouille cell phone.



On this day, 1 year ago, I was too busy preparing for Evan's birth, but Emma had snapped this photo of the TV. (Well, it was better than the belly shot she also photographed!)

Today, as I type, Evan is napping away with his blankie & frog. Emma is at a friend's house playing, and John is working hard on his first big assignment.
I can't believe how many wonderful summers I have had in all my 31 years. As I grow older, I have seen my family change from parents and siblings, to friends, to husband & wife, and now to children & grandparents, aunts & uncles. I love you all for making my life complete & happy. Thank you for being here on July 14th - whether in history, in the present, or both.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails