Friday, July 3, 2009

Go to your room!

"In My Room" by the Beach Boys, was one of my favorite songs growing up (as are most of their songs!), and I couldn't help but sing it in my head as I looked over these candid shots of the kids from this morning.
"Theres a world where I can go and tell my secrets to
In my room, in my room...
In this world I lock out all my worries and my fears
In my room, in my room...
Do my dreaming and my scheming
Lie awake and pray
Do my crying and my sighing
Laugh at yesterday
Now its dark and Im alone
But I wont be afraid
In my room, in my room.
I hope that my children find magical clubhouses in closets, tents under the beds, and passageways to worlds awaiting exploration like my siblings & I did in our rooms. I often think that imagination has dwindled as our society gives way to video games and TV instead of bikes and stick swords.
Tomorrow is another July 4th - Emma's 7th & Evan's 1st. See the 4ths of the past on our July blog from last year: http://heidicastro.blogspot.com/2008/07/happy-4th-of-july.html.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails