Monday, April 13, 2009

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!!
I haven't uploaded the Easter pictures from my camera yet, but I will do that soon!
This month has been busy with Easter hunts and spring events. I think we went on a total of 3 egg hunts!
I took pictures of the kids for Easter cards, but was so busy, I never got around to printing them, so I guess I get an F on that report card :( Boo.
Anyway, as you probably know, Oklahoma in the winter means the only thing green is wheat fields and a few anal lawn owners that can afford special winter grass. BUT, I happened to pass some greenery on the side of the road one day and whipped the kids out in the windy weather to take pictures. I know, but that's the price you pay for being the child of a photo enthusiast! :) So, here are a few of the best ones:



This picture is from an egg hunt at OSU. She is standing in front of Theta Pond, which we have several photos of her at all ages standing in front of! :)
I guess you've probably all heard about the wildfires here as well. I don't know how many for sure that there were, but they seemed to be everywhere all at once. We were about 5 miles from the nearest one, but my dad's house was about 10 feet away! His house was amazingly unscathed, but the same can't be said for his mailbox post, compst pile, or the thousands of trees we have all planted over the past few years. :( It was a miracle that his house made it. The fires just curved around it. Emma said that Eli put a bubble around it so it wouldn't hurt Papa. :) So cute.

Papa's land (with firetruck tracks!)

Through the burnt trees is Papa's cabin!This shows how close the fire got to the cabin! Just a few feet away from the back door!
Evan is sleeping in his own room now, and staying asleep most, if not all, the night through. It amazes me how much he grows each day. He holds his bottle well now, and has learned his first sign language sign : MILK. I guess those classes I'm teaching are doing well! ;)
Emma has a field trip to the zoo tomorrow (if it doesn't rain), and is really excited. Evan & I will be meeting her there. Hopefully this cold, wet weather will pass by then!

Photobucket

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails