Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten!!!

Yesterday was Emma's first day at her new elementary school, Sangre Ridge Elem, and her first day as a kindergartener! What a big girl! I am still in shock!

She insisted that since she was such a big girl now, that she was going to ride the bus to school (about 2 blocks away! Ha ha!). So, John, Evan, & I drove her down the street to the bus stop and waited for her bus to come. When she saw it come around the corner, she was squealing and jumping up & down with excitement! She walked right up, said hi to the bus driver and found a seat, then off they went! I had the camera in my hand ready for the moment, but when it came I couldn't move...I was just so caught up in watching my little baby climbing those big ol bus steps and really trying hard not to yell "STOP! WAIT! I'll ride with you!" or "Okay! That was fun! Let's just get back in the van & I'll take you!" but, I held back, and failed my picture taking opp, so John got the camera control after that!
We drove to the school (parents were invited to come for the morning - we weren't just obsessed...well....only one of us was...) and Emma had already been taken to her classroom. She had already made herself at home in the dramatic play area and was showing several other girls how to cook and take care of the babies.
There were 2 children in the class she knew from before. One was in her class last year, and another was on her tee ball team this summer.
Anyway, we left her there, happy & excited, and went to eat a nice lunch together with baby Evan. (John took off work for the big day! <----awwwww! What a good daddy! :)
After school, we went back down to the bus stop and waited for the bus, but it wasn't coming. I left John there with the camera (after what happened that morning!) and drove up to the school to see if she was still there waiting. Unfortunately, while I was there, the bus DID come and drop her off! I missed it!!! Oh no!!! But at least we got a picture this time!......oh...wait...no....the battery died. Yep, that's right! So now I can't even have a picture of it!! Waaaahhhh! The luck.
So, anyway, she said she hada GREAT day, played games, met some other kids that liked High School Musical & webkinz. Which makes me super happy! Nothing is better than your child loving school!


Uncle Brock came by to send her off to our alma mater elementary school!


All ready to go in her "pink Nike Shox" she absolutely HAD to have for school this year


We took these same pictures last year, too. Sigh. So big!


Here she is at the bus stop!



Apparently, these girls didn't have a "baby brother named Evan that is 16 days old", so they don't know how to care for the babies in dramatic play. Emma had to teach them.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Just remember these are for the einsteins' blog books, so keep it rated G :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails